Hope and Fear

RP taking place in the center of the continent of Chalcedonia. This consists of the lands of the Empire of Chaladonia, some of which are trying for independence since the death of King Ian Mercleis.
Tannhauser Na'Dir
Survivor
Survivor
Character Race: elf
Character's Profession: lost
Runic Element: Air

Re: Hope and Fear

Post by Tannhauser Na'Dir »

Within the inn in Kydia's room....

A man knocks and walks into the room. He gasps for a moment, seeing the female namarian's body laying slumped over on the floor. Kydia remained at the elf's head, holding a golden plate. She shakes her head, "It is not as it appears. All is well here, and soon I suspect both will be among us."

The man nods, "... yes, that is good. Ma'am, there are vistors coming into the in. A lady elf and guy elf." Kydia nods, "Please, lead them here, with haste." The other nods, "Ok, but what if they react wrongly upon this scene?" Kydia smiles, "That indeed would be most unfortunate wouldn't it? To come so close, yet to never obtain." A slight chill went down the other's back. Nodding, he gulps and goes back out the door and down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs he stand to greet the other two when they come in, "Good day, we have been waiting for you. Please, this way, and quickly."

Within Tannhauser's mind....

The Tann Minari knew smiled, "Planty, no good comes from expecting rewards or chances from others. And besides, I have faith. Don't you?" He smiles, "She is here. She has come.

The other shakes his head, "I would not have done the same originally, but I would try to now." He looks at the other, "And what do you mean, I see her not. She is not here, with us."
LieAnia
Wanderer
Wanderer
Character Race: Elven
Character's Profession: Ex Queen
Runic Element: Water

Post by LieAnia »

She had followed as promised. But several times, Sheilis' arm had whipped out to catch her wrist and stay her easy gait. She knew not*how* she knew, but Tann was near and alive!

"TTAANNNNN..."

Over and over she had drawn out the whisper of his name as if trying to call to him in those whispers.

The arrival at the abandoned hovel made Nia shiver. She felt, rather than saw, the magic glamour over the place. And once more she had to be blocked from running headlong up the stairs. Shifting from for to fit, she waited till the man returned and beckoned them up.

Taking loose of the hand gently set upon her shoulder, the Elven maiden charged up the steps as if Zodo, himself, were on her heels. Her heart was pounding so hard and fast it felt like it had stopped. Gasping for breath as if she run leagues and not yards, she burst through the door and stopped dead at the sight before her.

A man last unconscious in the floor, a Namarian female half sprawled over him as if she'd collapsed. Another woman knelt beside them holding a golden platter that didn't do much as register to the Elf Queen's eyes. It was the man on the floor that froze her gaze in an instant.

Her hand went to her mouth to cover a scream that threatened to crawl up her throat and escape. Fearing its escape, she barely managed to force a hoarse whisper between her fingers. "Nin faer!"¹ The word were less coherence and more whimper as she fell to her knees an arm's length from his head. It was him... Her Tann. 

She couldn't look away, but her words were directed to anyone who would answer. "Is... is he..." she fought to finish the dreaded query. "Is he..." Her voice cracked and hitched, unable to form the word that would likely cause her to take her own life if it were true.

(¹) "My soul" in Tolkien elven.
Sheilis Delana
Survivor
Survivor
Character Race: Rune Elf
Character's Profession: warrior

Post by Sheilis Delana »

Sheilis set his lady down upon her request, though ready to stop her hands if she went for his weapons but relaxed slightly when she gave her word.  His was annoyed with Rael attacking before know what they were fully up against, and while he didn't trust the dark knight, its easy enough to play docile to learn, then attack when a better understanding came about.

He listened to Lady Nia and a faint smirk played over his face, he had heard the tone before.  As gentle and loving Lady Nia was, she was also one who could and would fight for those she loved.  A faint memory flickered, the day Lady Nia had demanded Sheilis teach her how to use a knife and a sword properly.  He had refused at first, her job was not to fight, but to lead, and she had countered how could she lead if she could not stand side by side with her husband in battle?  He relunctantly agreed, but she had been a good student.

The memory and flashback was over as quickly as it began, and he fell into step behind Lady Nia, his eyes scanning the surrounding area. They reached a burned out area, and frowned, but he had little understanding of magics, so let what the dark night said be. He would place his hand on Nia's arm or shoulder to keep her pace, she was eager to see Tann and he did not blame her but they had to be cautious.

As they paused ay the door, Sheilis snorted at Rael's words, "hopefully you can be trusted not to act hasty," he said nothing else but his eyes said he and Rael would talk more later.

Inside they were greeted by a man, and he frowned slightly, placing his hand on Nia's shoulder only to have it shaken off and her rush up the stairs.  He shook his head slightly, but quickly followed only to stop in his tracks at the door to the room Nia ran into.  There on the floor, lay his Lord that he had been looking for.  Splayed over him like she had fainted at the sight of him, lay a woman, and a younger woman knelt beside the both of them.  He bowed his head slightly, not taking his eyes off the one woman who held a gold plate, "Who are you?"  He kept his hands away from his weapons, not wanting to appear a threat, and if she had meant harm to Tann, he could see she could have easily killed him before they even got here.
Tiana
Neophyte
Neophyte
Character Race: Dracokin

Post by Tiana »

A cloaked figure walked along, keeping to the stumps and ruins to stay hidden from the patrols.  She was searching for a piece of something, and looking for a place to hide yet another bread crumb as a back up to if she were discovered and killed.  She pulled her cloak closer to herself shrugging her shoulders to adjust her wings underneath it.

She frowned, she felt something, something very strong.  She hugged close to a large burnt stump, looked around, the patrols seemed to not be close, if she dashed forward she would be able to make it to the next large stump to stay hopefully unnoticed. As she bolted across, her taloned feet kicking up some dirt she passed through a boundary, and found herself looking at an Inn.  That is what she had felt, a protection barrier, though now that she was on the inside, she could feel it was holding, but weakening.  Perhaps she could help with that, strengthen the barrier, make it last a bit longer for those who hid here from Amon.

She growled deep in her throat with out thinking about it, Amon.....  One of the high generals of Zodo, who would gladly destroy anything to bring about the release and resurrection of his master.  She shook her head, she could not dwell on the past, or even the enemy, she had a task she needed to try and complete.  And the back up plan if she failed. 

She walked towards the inn and saw a figure of a dark elf, and a namarian, though when she looked closer, it wasnt just a namarian, it housed a soul of a sleeper.  Being of the dream, and only the dream from what she had been able to find(her mother had never had her, though she had been with her father and had children the children had died soon after birth), she could recognize others from the dream.

"What is a servant of Amon doing here?" She asked the two, looking from one to the other, and pulled her hood back, revealing her face and identity, and eyed the dark knight thoughtfully, "though perhaps there is something you can do that can help me."  If the sleeper had known Tiana in the dream he would recognize her, she looked much the same, though her Taloned feet were more prounounced and her wings slightly larger then they had been in the dream.
mythus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mythus »

The girl holding the golden plate smiles warmly as they entered the room. "No, the King is simply asleep, while the two souls decide which shall awaken and which shall depart. Your 'soul' is quite fine." Her purple eyes drift over to the elf guardian and she does a slight curtsy, "I am called Kydia, the Nephilim. I am the daughter of Mara the Seraphim, and Darrius the mortal. The namaran woman came with a slave of Amon to deliver the High Elf to my care. She also came bearing this, the Plate of El Anon."

The girl kneels back down, checking upon the sleeping elf and the namarian, "She has made use of the powers of this plate to enter within Tannhauser's mind. There she hopes to tip the scales so that the right Tannhauser may awaken." She stands back up, "But, now that you have come we can finally wake him." She holds out the plate, "or should I say, you can. Only you can pull your beloved from the xodod of his mind, with this sacred plate of the creator and...." She smiles sadly, "Well the later isn't important. Not when it comes to matters such as these."

She smiles widely again, "So rightful Queen of the Elves, will you cast your soul into the plate and return with the Tannhauser this world and yourself needs?" Her smile falls flat and her voice darkens, "But you must move quickly. Amon watches the heart of his slave, and to save you, two sacrifices may soon be made."
Rael
Survivor
Survivor
Character Race: Mutated Namara*
Character's Profession: vagabond, adventurer

Post by Rael »

Rael ignored the Shard's little comment as they two went through the door. Once it was just him and Arangoth, Rael finally spoke, "Is it because you have helped us?"

It wasn't even a heartbeat removed when Rael had finished that statement that the other stranger came upon them. With a hand on his weapon, the once-rube turned to the lady, "There are no willing servants of demonkind here." When the now-namarian saw her face though, his hand dropped from the weapon. Where did he see her before?

Flashback...

"M'lord," Rael in full rube attire ran to his lord's side and fell to one knee, "Everything is in place. The plan shall commence at Last Call.

Hearing no response, Rael looked up to see his lord Taal painting a picture. It was of some dragon-like lady with strong elvish features, some fancy sword, and a young xodian girl that resembles his lord. Smiling faintly he could feel the love coming from the painting and knew that at this moment his lord was in control. "Such a masterpiece m'lord. May I ask, who is she?"

Not looking away from his work, Taal responded, "This here is the future beholder of Legend, who as fate has it has stolen my heart since long before she drew breath. This is Tiana."

Back to the Present

Realizing just who she was, Rael quickly fell to one knee, "... Lady Tiana! How.... what are you doing in such a dangerous place?"
Arangoth
Neophyte
Neophyte
Character Race: dark elf
Character's Profession: slave, commander
Runic Element: Fire

Post by Arangoth »

The fell knight said nothing to Rael's questions. Arangoth of course did not desire death. He knew that his death would just send him back to Xodod. But at least in Xodod, he'd not be up here having to decide between his loyalty and his master. So while the fell knight wanted to live, he knew well that him serving another and defying Amon would result in nothing less than death. 

Arangoth raised an eyebrow at Rael's sudden defense of him. When Rael knelt though and proclaimed who the woman was, Arangoth sighed. "This is the only way now," the fell knight announced sadly, "to not only keep them safe, but also to safeguard  Lady Mercleis." Arangoth pondered for a moment if Amon would dare to raise his sword against the wife of Taal, but he didn't dwell on the question for too long. Of course he would, and the fell knight wouldn't wish the lady harm.

Arangoth gives a short bow, "Rael, your honor shines through. Defend the Lady at all costs. And please tell Her Highness that I am deeply sorry that I could not have stayed." He drops his helmet, "When you come to Xodod," he said with a smile, "I shall greet you there as my brother." He turns and starts walking towards the Cathedral....
LieAnia
Wanderer
Wanderer
Character Race: Elven
Character's Profession: Ex Queen
Runic Element: Water

Post by LieAnia »

He was alive.

That statement, itself, was enough to allow Nia to once more draw a slightly more steady breath. She nodded to the woman's explanation of what had transpired and took a step forward.

Her gaze never left her beloved. While she looked different in this time and place, he looked the same. The same as he had when she'd seen him last, rushing ahead with the remaining Shards to clear a path for their escape from the chaos near the end.

"How can I help? I love him. And, as you say, I need him. Perhaps more than my own life, I need him. But you claim both of his minds are in that form, deciding their Fate. And that other woman is as well." Her gaze turned slightly towards the kneeling woman and the plate. "Can he handle another mind within his? I won't go in there and risk him. He's more important than all of us combined."

Looking at the plate once more, her head shook back and forth ever so slightly. "I cannot tell you no." Her whispered response was full of not just resignation, but determination as well. Moving to the foot of the bed her soul mate lay upon, she looked at the Nephelim. "What must I do?" Her hand reached up to unclasp the cloak about her shoulders which fell in silence around her feet.
Minari
Survivor
Survivor
Character Race: Namaran
Character's Profession: Healer/Outcast
Runic Element: Air

Post by Minari »

Oblivious to the happenings outside her immediate surroundings, Minari frowned. "Who is here? I am right here." It didn't occur to Planty that any other woman would come to his side at this late hour.

"Spr... Tann... Please. You need to wake up." She still didn't completely understand what was happening. She only knew that Tann needed to wake up. She wanted her darling Sprout to be ok. Both inside and out.
mythus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mythus »

The nephilim smiled faintly, shaking her head, "Oh no, you still have yet understood. The Tannhauser you love, the one you say is more important to you than your own life...." she frowned slightly, "well do you not see it? He wouldn't be without you."

Kydia walks around the bed, closing the distance between herself and Lie'Ania, "This is evident in just how different the Tannhauser of this world is compared to the one you know. A statesman, a politician, he is no warrior. If it weren't for you, why your Tannhauser would have died long ago, lost in a jungle without a memory."

Kydia hands the plate to LieAnia, "This is the Plate of El Anon. It is endowed with the residue of creation, and it acts as a doorway. There exists gems that when used with this plate, can open the way to alternate realities, different dimensions. However, there is one power far greater than any jewel, and that is the power of true, selfless, love. Tragically few will ever know of that power."

The nephilim smiled, "You know what you must do. Awaken him, sacred one, and with it awaken your true self." She points to Tannhauser, "There he lies, waiting for you. Spector stands near, a bet made. Wait not another breath, go to him."