Military Professional or Warrior
You may be a solider in the King's Army or you may be a gladiator. Perhaps you are a sell-sword. The point is, you know how to fight and fight well. You handle the great swords and battle axes with ease and heavy armor is nothing to you. You are the tank, plain and simple. What you are not is a master of magic or light on your feet.
The Warrior Profession is all about combat. They serve in armies, are knights, gladiators, sell-swords, or any other profession that deals with combat. If you want to be the warrior or the tank, this is the profession for you.
1. Bonuses and Penalties
You already know that playing as a warrior grants you Company or Guild issued equipment, 25 stat points at character creation, and 100 shillings per week salary. However these are not the only benefit a warrior receives.
A warrior receives an extra attack action for doing those more complex offensive skills.
A warrior doubles his melee power when using two-handed weapons.
Warriors can make a speed check to make an extra attack, assuming they have enough attack actions left to do so.
Warriors start with a Weapon Mastery ability of their choice, and have no limit to how many weapon mastery abilities they may possess.
- Warriors get a +1 to success rate when using offensive skills. They gain a +1 to failure rate if they are using a skill for a weapon they have a mastery ability for.
- Warriors spells are 25% less effective.
2. Effects on Skill Learning
Warriors get a +1 to success rate when using offensive skills. They gain a +1 to failure rate if they are using a skill for a weapon they have a mastery ability for. Warriors do not get a failure rate for magic spells.
3. Effects on Weapon Usage
Warriors can use any weapon they so desire. When using a two-handed weapon, they double their melee power, allowing them to effectively do 4 x melee power with two-handed weapons.
4. Effects on Armor Usage
Warriors can wear any armor type and use any shields.
- Talents | Talents
- Professions | Scholar
- Professions | Farmer or Hunter
- Professions | Magician
- Professions | Researcher or Alchemist
- Professions | Bureaucrat or Noble
- Professions | Thief
- Professions | Law Enforcement or Guard
- Professions | Mechanic or Smith
- Professions | Merchant
- Professions | Professional Bum
- Professions | What are Professions
- Information | Information