Time Jump

Posted
Rating:
#259 (In Topic #65)
Administrator
mythus is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
mythus leads the usergroup ‘Wiki Team’
Greetings Fellow Nor'Ovans!

So, I am all moved in now and have working internet services. Therefore, it is time to get the story moving again!

I've had time to consider the best way at doing this. With the abrupt absense of some players in certain threads, I have had to consider a way to get the story around them. I've also had to consider ways to get the story feeling fresh, exciting, and interesting for new and old players alike, as well as for hopefully attracting new players.The story as it is right now is more or less establishing the setting and the world and working up to the big event of evil coming onto the scene. I say lets go ahead and get past that event. 

Therefore, I will be orchrastrating a time jump, if you will. For at least one thread, this time jump will be very easy. The Pirates thread will need a little work to make the jump less jarring, so I plan to work with Kaos and Tiana to make that possible. The thread with the elf prince shouldn't be too hard to time jump.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them on the forum or send me a private message. I am looking forward to roleplaying with you all!

mythussig7.png
Online now: Yes Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Tiana is in the usergroup ‘Survivor’
Works for me!  THe prince story should be really easy to jump, since they are parted and we can just fast forward and have the info there, so to speak

Character Profiles:
Tana Delana | Viggtu Helver | Tala Mercleis

Posted
Rating:
Kaos Fra is in the usergroup ‘Neophyte’
Frankly, the timejump is unnecessary IMO. I hit a rough patch responsewise lately because of thesiswork that stressed me out and some relationship issues, which in effect caused me to forget about LofN for a while.

I'm good now though (just returned from a short vacation to gather my wits) and ready to post. If you guys don't mind it too much, I don't need the timeskip and will have a post up today. :')

It was a bonfire - blazing towards the sky with a high-pitched shriek, a wail that he had never heard before.

He laughed, wild and hard.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
RachelTheSeeker is in the usergroup ‘Neophyte’
Hey folks. I'm good with the time skip if we're doing it. Will work my my character sometime tomorrow.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Administrator
mythus is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
mythus leads the usergroup ‘Wiki Team’

Kaos Fra said

Frankly, the timejump is unnecessary IMO. I hit a rough patch responsewise lately because of thesiswork that stressed me out and some relationship issues, which in effect caused me to forget about LofN for a while.

I'm good now though (just returned from a short vacation to gather my wits) and ready to post. If you guys don't mind it too much, I don't need the timeskip and will have a post up today. :')

The time jump isn't because of your absence Kaos. I too had some absences related to my cross country move. You and Tiana are able to bring the story in your thread forward through the Private Topic I set up, so you don't have to guess at what happened during that thread.

I believe over all the time jump will prove helpful in getting the story past this setting-establishing rut we are in and getting more exciting plots moving. If you were to look at the forum RP as a whole right now, it is a relative snooze fest. Yes, there's some good stuff in it, some exposition, and lots of ground work laying, but over all it is not very exciting or engaging.

The time jump will also allow me to bring the story to a point that matches the tabletop campaign I ran in MS, allowing my MS friends the ability to also jump in without having to go back in time, so to speak.

And finally, the time jump will let me better streamline the story experience. This will also make it easier for new players to jump in as they won't have to read a bunch of old posts.

I'll be doing the time jump over today and tomorrow. The time jump will move the story up 1 year. I look forward to posting with you all.

mythussig7.png
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.