Hope and Fear

RP taking place in the center of the continent of Chalcedonia. This consists of the lands of the Empire of Chaladonia, some of which are trying for independence since the death of King Ian Mercleis.
Arangoth
Neophyte
Neophyte
Character Race: dark elf
Character's Profession: slave, commander
Runic Element: Fire

Re: Hope and Fear

Post by Arangoth »

"Wha?" Arangoth starts to question when he feels the pulse of magic racing towards him. Quickly, the fell knight leaps, somersaulting in the air over the stone pillar, Rael, and Sheilis before landing behind them, crouched. Raising, he keeps his hands up, "You think I refer to Zodo? The enslaver is no king. Truly, If I meant to take you to him or his servants, I'd have just taken you!"
Rael
Survivor
Survivor
Character Race: Mutated Namara*
Character's Profession: vagabond, adventurer

Post by Rael »

Rael saw the fell knight leap over them. He expected a trained warrior of Xodod to be quite skilled. Quickly, he turns on his heal and rushes towards the fell knight, "Silence fiend! We will not be taken in by your lies!" His sword crashes against the bracer of the other who brought it up just in time, "Who, but a servant of Zodo, would wear such armor bearing his Eternal Flame?!"
Arangoth
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Arangoth »

Arangoth easily throws back Rael's attack, "Who would wear this? One who has no other choice! One who is a slave of Amon!" Arangoth pleads one last time, "Please, it is true that my master would wish for her capture should he have known she was one of the strangers! Amon owns my soul, and my every resistance is torture, but I have no love for him! It is why I have hidden his enemy from him, I have led Tannhauser to a safe place protected by a nephalim, and I can take you there!"

He brings up his well armored arms to block another powerful blow from Rael, "If you insist on making me your enemy, then your enemy I shall be, and you shall not walk from here!" Arangoth steps back, "Please, let me take you to the High Elf. He is hurt, and would need his wife. Zodo is not here. Amon is though, but he cannot see the place I'd lead you to, just as while he may tug at my soul, he cannot see my mind. But don't think that I'll not defend myself from your blade! I know no other way of defense but to kill."
Sheilis Delana
Survivor
Survivor
Character Race: Rune Elf
Character's Profession: warrior

Post by Sheilis Delana »

Sheilis nodded his head in response to Rael's quiet prayer though he had long ago stopped praying tk any power that existed.  Not because he didn't believe, but because it wasn't in the powers hands.  Choice is what mattered, not divinity.

A flash and a swirling if light and they stood in a new place.  He felt Lie'Annia start to stir before she spoke and he kept his grip loose but comforting in case she felt trapped.

The fear he heard in her voice he tightened his grip slightly, "we used the stone," he said simply. "We now stand near Maya."

Listening to the back and forth between Rael and the warrior.  "Rael!" He barked, "didn't I tell you once not to rush to conclusions? What servant of Xodod offers to come in peace?"

He heard Lie'Annia's whimpers, and murmured to her, remember my vow, m'lady. He will not have you, but even you said Tann is here, focus on that."

He eyed the warrior, his face a mask of stone, "no answer in to who we serve for if you know of Tann there is no need of answer.  Lead, but do not think us mild sheep."

Rael
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Rael »

Rael scoffs, keeping his attention fixated on the fell knight, "The most foul kind! The kind that would bring us a poisoned olive branch, hoping to deceive us and lead us willingly to our doom!" The once rube swings his sword, only to be paried again by the fell knight, "You know this to be true, just as I do. The Holy Body was so powerful, not because of fear, but because of false hope built on lies fed to the public! Their ministries brought food and medicine, not out of the goodness of their hearts, but out of sinister designs to bring more into the worship of Zodo."
Arangoth
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Arangoth »

Arangoth parries yet another blow, "You act as if everything is so black and white! You fail to realize that many in that evil church were indeed good and sought to do good! They were all deceived by Zodo. Alter boy, cleric, priest, and rube! None of them were simply evil!"

He blocks again, pushing back this time causing Rael to fall backwards, "Xodod! In this very world you have Templars of Mercy, helping the weak! All of them were Rubes in the dream, are they too simply here deceiving folks as they bandage them up and send them on their way?"

Arangoth holds his hands out, "Some come to Zodo willingly, either by being deceived or by wanting of power. Some, some are made slaves without a say in the matter, hoping against all hope that he one day might find salvation. I am a slave. I was sent to blind you and chase you from here. Yet, seeing who you are, I am disobeying because I believe that Tannhauser, my king, could free me. Amon fears him. He's been beaten by him in the dream."

Arangoth shakes his head, "I'm not asking for your trust. You could go into Maya yourself, a town over ridden with demons. Would you find your way? Would you be able to protect Her Majesty? Let me lead you, and you watch me carefully if you must! If I show signs of deceit, strike me down."
Rael
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Rael »

Rael growls, "No. I too was once rube....

Sighing, the once rube lowers his sword slightly, but still keeps it trained and ready, "I'll only answer to the lady. If she wishes me to lower my sword, then I may and we will follow you. If she wishes me to end you, then that is what I shall do."
LieAnia
Wanderer
Wanderer
Character Race: Elven
Character's Profession: Ex Queen
Runic Element: Water

Post by LieAnia »

A full halting of all motion from Nia was her reaction to the mention of her soul mate's name.

"Tannhauser ..."

That single word held everything. Pain, loss, fear, dread and resignation. Sheilis has heard her murmur that single word a million times, awake and asleep. But this time there would be a different tone to it. One that added a new word to the litany of adjectives.

Hope

"Sheilis, let me down... please. I give you my word I won't reach for your blade."

Once her feet were on the ground, she adjusted her cloak back around her and walked up beside Rael. Her right hand reached out and rested upon his forearm that bore his blade, still aloft towards the stranger.

Her eyes then rose to Arangoth. "It's true, I'm Lie'Ania Na'Dir. In another life, Tann was my King, and I, his Queen. But in this life, I know nothing of those titles. Nor do I know who we are or who we're meant to be." She nodded to Rael and removed her hand to step towards the stranger, passing the ex Rube.

"I will have him stay his steel. He and my Shard, both. For I tell you now, with the deepest conviction, that if you even stumble on a stone towards the direction of that demon you serve, however reluctantly, I will slay you by my own hand."

There was a chill to her voice that Rael had never heard and Sheilis hadn't heard from this form of her. "I have been through madness and back. Though, perhaps, I am still there." She got close enough for her hand to strike out from under her cloak with lightning reflex to grip at his wrist. "Take me to him.... NOW!" The final word held a shout, growl, vehemence and the promise of great pain of he did anything amiss.

If she had managed to grasp his wrist, the grip would be deceptively strong for the small framed elf maiden before him. He would see in her eyes all the pain that not just this life, but the other, had wrought upon her. As well as the madness that was driving her in her current state.

If she missed, the look would be no less, but she would step nearer to close the gap between them.

Either way, she would lock her gaze to his as if trying to drive her words to a blinding hotness that would sear his soul should he break whatever promise he was about to utter.

Arangoth
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Arangoth »

Arangoth did not move a muscle when Lie'Ania reached forward and grabbed his wrist. He held a deep amount of respect for this queen. The elf queen in this world, she was cruel, sinister, power hungry. She held the crown after Tannhauser's disappearance through fear, and when Arangoth had awoken in his sleeping form here, he was quickly surrendered upon the alter to Amon. He held no love for Camphera. The Na'Dir's of the world he knew.... they had always been kind. Stern yes, but kind. 

To hear her threaten death though....

Arangoth bows his head slightly, "Ma'dam. I understand your words and the emotion behind them completely. It is out of respect of you and His Highness that I would assist you, though. No threat of death reaches me, for I suffer far worse. I shall take you to him. Follow, or do not. Your choice, Your Highness." His words rang flat, without emotion, just fact. Perhaps deep down the fell knight desired death...

Arangoth gives another short bow, "We shall travel this way, trying to stay on the outside of the inn and town. If we can reach the grounds that seem burned from here before the patrols notice us, we will be safe." His eyes shift to each of them, "If spotted, then let us hope you are as good at acting as you are at making threats." Arangoth pauses for a moment, his eyes falling back on to the namarian, "It is unlikely that I would travel with three prisoners. It is also likely our ruse would falter. You should keep a great distance from us, flanking from the west. Enough distance that you'd not be spotted at first, or understood to be with us, but close enough that you could cross the distance quickly."

Arangoth walks to his horse and grabs its reigns, petting it kindly for a moment, "Come, we've tarried far too long. Soon my master will seek me out. We must move now."

The fell knight leads them in a wide arc, trying to keep far enough from the town as to not grab attention, but in a way as to not appear suspicious. Spotters could think that he was taking them to a field for hard labor. Perhaps only Amon would be suspicious of the completely burnt out inn. Of course as the group closes in on the structure, those not bearing the flame could see the inn was alive and well. Those with a magical sense could pick up the hint of a powerful spell around it as well. 

Arangoth stops at the back door, "You should enter here." He lowers his head and watches the ground...

Rael
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Rael »

Rael sighs and sheaths his sword at his lady's command. He smirked somewhat at the promise of death, she had fire in her when she needed it after all. Right now, Rael doubted that even Zodo himself could not stand in her way.  He listened to the exchange given by Arangoth, listening for clues of treachery. Something dark indeed was in the other's tone, but not a darkness of a sinister kind. 

When the fell knight proclaimed his plan, Rael simply nodded. He did not like it, but he would follow it. The fell knight would know the area and its dangers better than he, and if he must, Rael could pull Lie'Ania to safety with his magic. He doubted that the fell knight knew this.

As they traveled to the inn, Rael watched Arangoth's treatment of his horse and his demeanor. It looked to him like a man who had just surrendered, but surrender what or to whom? Arangoth wanted to lead them and now he was...

When they got to the door, Rael stood to the side of it, "I shall stand watch here. I trust that Sheilis can protect you within better than I, m'lady. Besides someone needs to watch for the enemy." 

Rael then turns to Arangoth and studies him for a moment, "..... You plan to go to your death, don't you...." The look upon the fell knight's face was all the answer he needed. But of course, Rael understood now. Arangoth would not be able to hide what he had done, being spiritually chained to Amon. It is likely indeed that this would be the last they would see of the dark elf.