A start to where?

RP taking place in the center of the continent of Chalcedonia. This consists of the lands of the Empire of Chaladonia, some of which are trying for independence since the death of King Ian Mercleis.
Tala Mercleis
Survivor
Survivor
Character Race: Xodian X Dracokin

Re: A start to where?

Post by Tala Mercleis »

Tala tilted her head to the side as she listened to Mara talk about Legend.  She mulled over the tidbit of information, the piece it represented moving around witht he other pieces she did have.  She sighed, "it is only a weapon, a powerful weapon, so it would make sense that it would accept who was willing to pick it up as long as they had a drive to succeed and drive out what they believe to be evil."

She frowned as she listened about King Ian, "if Lord Ian just recently passed, it would make sense for other forces to move in and take hold, or strengthen their hold as I believe is really happening."  A look of sadness flashed over her face, perhaps she should have traveled to Bellitose, perhaps she could have helped him.  The thought passed as quickly as it came, not lodging itself at all.  She didn't travel there as she felt no pull, nor knew of him until she read about him in his mother's journal.  She sighed, "and, his tomb would be well occupied to say the least, so trying to find any kind of clue or answer would be difficult at best."

Her amethyst eyes focused on Mara's face, "what I truly seek is answers to repair the imbalance.  I have some of it in here," She held up her mother's journal, "but it'll take me some time as I am rusty at my Mother's code. Another one of those pieces I think is Legend, but I do not think it is the full answer I am looking for.  So to find what I am truly searching, let us go to my father's tomb."  She paused and wrinkled her nose, "that just feels weird to say," she shook her head slightly and continued, "It is the best place to start as anywhere else."

Mara
Neophyte
Neophyte
Character Race: angel
Character's Profession: angel of Taal

Post by Mara »

Mara smiles faintly, "I believe that your mother felt the same way, that Legend would be but a part of the answer to the problem she saw. Truly I have wondered, what she must have felt, what she must have thought, the first time she laid eyes upon your father. At that time he must have been  known as nothing more than a villian." She smiles faintly, thinking back upon the paintings she saw. Somehow Taal knew of Tiana long before Tiana was even born, and fell in love with her when he himself were barely a man. "If only what had happened in that world transfered here, so that we'd not be pressed to make the choices that lie before us."

She walks close to Tala and grabs her hands gently, "Luckily, it is a place that I have visited before." Mara smiled faintly, "worry not, the tomb stands now empty. But it was were your father was laid to rest, when he fell as the vist victim to the Dark Paralysis."

Within a twinkle of her pure white eyes the scenery around them had changed, from jungle clearing and swamp wastes to an ancient battlefield baren and dead, with a great temple standing before them. Upon its old marble archway read "The Tomb of Saint Taal Mercleis, Hero and Beholder of Legend". Great massive bronze doors laid before them. "We have arrived," Mara said softly as she let go of Tala's hands and went to the great doors. Lightly touching them they swung open, revealing a dark corridor with a great room lit by an unknown source at its rear. Within the room laid a stone coffin, its lid broken and moved.

Mara points towards the room, "Come then, Lady Mercleis, and let us see what we can uncover."
Tala Mercleis
Survivor
Survivor
Character Race: Xodian X Dracokin

Post by Tala Mercleis »

Tala's mind went back to what her mother had said about meeting her father face to face the very first time.  "She had hated him, thought he was the most vile.  And then she found the library, and she realized she had been blind, only seeing part of the whole picture and turning her back on balance for something as petty as vengeance.  That is when her mission changed, so she said."  She was thoughtful, she had been told the story of how her parents had meet many times.

She was brought back to the present when Mara took her hands and she frowned slightly as she spoke about being to her father's tomb before.  She wasn't sure what she meant until suddenly they were standing in a barren battlefield.  In a flash she heard echoes of the battle that took place so long ago.  So many voices,  emotions, she could hear her father, what sounded like possibly Tann though she wasn't as familiar with his voice to be sure.  Mara was lost and forgotten for a moment as Tala listened to the echos until Mara opened the doors a sound drew her attention and she focused on Mara and then the doors in front of her.

Tala walked past Mara listening, the sound she heard was a song, but not a song where there were words, and not emotions exactly.  She was sure she had heard the song before though, when she was a small child from both her parents. She walked into the large tomb, her footsteps echoing softly.  She approached the coffin that she assumed once held her father, the lid broken, but she could see something sticking out from under a piece of one of the lids.  She carefully lifted the lid and pulled out a piece of leather, rectangular in shape, about the size of a standard book.

She frowned at it, and looked back at Mara, her head tilting to the side, "do you hear that?"  She couldn't pinpoint where the song was coming from, and she glanced back down at the piece of leather seeing that it had drawings on it and then recognized her mother's handwriting.

"Look at this!  My mother has been here, but why would she leave a map?"