Here you can find the list of various services that are available in most towns and cities. These services could be anything from healing wounds to reviving the dead, teaching skills or even making rune stones.
The list of services you find here are very generic so that they should fit in most standard games and campaings. However, you will need to check with your game master to make sure that these services are available in your setting and in the town your character is visiting.
1. Healing Services
Services from qualified healers to restore wounds, cure status effects, and revive fallen commrades
|Minor Wound Recovery||Heal minor wounds||25.00|
|Major Wound Recovery||Heal major wounds||75.00|
|Minor Broken Bone Recovery||Heal minor broken bones||45.00|
|Major Broken Bone Recovery||Heal major broken bones||100.00|
|Status Effect Removal||Remove status effects, one per purchase of service; does not recover from death or comatose||20.00|
|Curse Removal||Remove curses||100.00 + 50.00 per tier level of curse (determined by GM)|
|Revive Fallen Friend||Restore to life a dead friend; must be done within 1 day of death||500.00|
|Comatose Recovery||Recover friend from coma state||200.00|
2. Rune Stones
Already created rune stones may be available in certain localities and in certain campaigns. The worth and price for these rune stones could be determined slowly by the GM, however, here is a simple way to deal with the values of rune stones. Please refer to the rules on rune stones for information on how they work.
Rune stones could be bought at the cost of the ylem increased by a certain amount depending on the tier level of the spell. The costs are:
- Tier 1 = ylem cost x 1.25
- Tier 2 = ylem cost x 1.5
- Tier 3 = ylem cost x 1.75
- Tier 4 = ylem cost x 2
- Tier 5 = ylem cost x 2.5
- Tier 6 = ylem cost x 3
To sell a spell rune stone could be valued at ½ the cost of the ylem increased by the same amount depending upon the tier level of the spell.
You wouldn't be able to purchase or sell energy reserve stones because they can only be used by the creator.
Ylem is priced as follows:
- Black Ylem: Can store 25 SA, cost 75.00 shillings
- Gray Ylem: Can store 50 SA, cost 150.00 shillings
- Silver Ylem: Can store 75 SA, cost 225.00 shillings
- Teal Ylem: Can store 100 SA, cost 300.00 shillings
- White Ylem: Can store 150 SA, cost 450.00 shillings
- Clear Ylem: Can store 200 SA, cost 600.00 shillings
3. Training Services
When in a town you can hire an expert to train you in skills or spells that you do not currently possess. These trainers allow you to spend shillings to get a skill or spell at 1/2 of its initial mastery rate. For example, by spending the shilling cost, you can get Punch at 30 mastery (instead of 60 mastery) by spending the tier cost in shillings. This is advantageous for enabling you to get skills that you would otherwise have greater difficulty getting yourself. Here are the rules:
- The training cost must be paid, being a service though you can use haggle to decrease the cost.
- Training can only be done by experts in the skill found at towns or perhaps castles. You cannot train each other.
- Skills that do not have a 100 mastery rate are acquired at half their intial mastery rate. You can then use these skills getting their mastery rate up to their max mastery rate as normal.
- Skills that have a 100 mastery rate, the always in effect skills for example, are also acquired at half their inital mastery rate which is 50. You would then need to spend half of the skill point cost for that skill to finish acquiring that skill on your own before you can use it.
- As always, you must meet the prerequsites of the skill before you can be trained in the skill.
You should note that training only helps you to acquire skills by spending shillings. It does not help you to master them. You will have to master them on your own.
Below is the costs for the training:
- Tier 1 Skills or Spells: Skill Point Cost x 1.5
- Tier 2 Skills or Spells: Skill Point Cost x 2
- Tier 3 Skills or Spells: Skill Point Cost x 3
- Tier 4 Skills or Spells: Skill Point Cost x 4
- Tier 5 Skills or Spells: Skill Point Cost x 5
- Tier 6 Skills or Spells: Skill Point Cost x 6
The training service is just another way to help you grow your character. If you have any questions, please ask your GM.